Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sexy Sunday!

I took last Sunday's post down because after reading it again, I decided that I didn't really want to portray my blog in that way. It was just a little too vulgar for my taste. I'd like to still keep my blog sexy but I want it to be classy as well!

Today I wanted to focus on just how sexy we are as women! I found a quote by an unknown author that says:

"Sure God created man before woman. But when then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece."

Isn't that the truth? It isn't just looks that make a woman sexy. We are strong, brave and rational. I am always surprised at what I can accomplish when I put my mind to it. I know that I can make a mean apple pie in the kitchen (with my new KitchenAid Mixer of course) and I also know that I can replace a car tail light with a little research and help from a youtube tutorial if I need to. Over the 4th of July weekend, Nurse Bestie and I volunteered to do all the shopping for twelve people for the entire weekend. We arrived at Costco, both in sun dresses and me in espadrilles, and together we loaded up cases upon cases of beer, water, other alcohol and of course food. We looked pretty silly steering our carts piled high with the weekend's necessities but we didn't care! We dominated Costco and even loaded all the goodies into the car by ourselves! It was a big feat! 

So my point for this weeks Sexy Sunday is, we as women should appreciate just how amazing we really are! 


 

"The practice of putting women on pedestals began to die out when it was discovered that they could give orders better from there." -Betty Grable 


"Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided." -Mae West


"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world." -Marilyn Monroe


"I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything." -Oscar Wilde


"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows." -Audrey Hepburn


"Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich


"If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior." -Mahatma Gandhi




I hope all you ladies out there are having a sinfully sexy Sunday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment