Friday, September 14, 2012

The Bushy Brow

I have very fine hair- toddler hair is more like it, and that goes for my eyebrows too! Being blonde, I can get away with minimal hair up-keep. I can go over a week before my leg hairs become visible and months without doing anything with my brows. Usually I buy the little Sally Hansen do it yourself stuff at Target but when they get really unruly I go to the salon.

I used to get them waxed. It's fast, easy and for the most part painless, then last year I tried threading and I will never go back to wax again!


Eyebrow threading is an ancient method of hair removal which originated in parts of India, the Middle and Far East. The technique uses 100% cotton thread. The thread is twisted and rolled along the surface of the skin entwining the hairs in the thread, which are then lifted quickly from the follicle. It is more precise than waxing and allows for better lines. Also, it's waaay more sanitary because there are no chemicals used and the thread does not break the skin like wax does, so it is safe for anybody who has sensitive skin or on any strong acne medication that prohibits waxing.

I'm not gonna lie, it freaking hurts like hell. Like I said before, I have fine little hairs so if it hurts me I can't imagine how much it hurts my Indian sisters out there! Luckily, it only lasts a couple of minutes. And the best part? It only cost $10! Perfect for those who are on a beauty budget... Like me!


So the next time your eyebrows start looking like fuzzy caterpillars, try threading. I promise, you wont be disappointed!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment