I am an over obsessive googler who likes to do things around the house. Whenever I need a good clean-up tip or have a question, I go online and see what can be done about it. These are some of my favorite useful tips with household items:
1. Eliminate the sticky residue from a hot iron by running it over plain paper sprinkled with salt (don’t use steam!)
2. To prevent rust stains in your shower, coat the bottom of your shaving cream can with a layer of clear nail polish.
3. Sanitize a chopping block by rubbing it with a slice of lemon.
4. Or take 1/2 cup of lemon juice and add it to a load of whites to get them extra bright!
5. Ripen your tomatoes quickly by wrapping them individually in newspaper and letting them sit at room temperature overnight.
6. Unstick a fussy zipper by putting olive oil on a q-tip and running it along the metal.
7. For you artsy types, use a coffee filter to diffuse the flash on your camera and create soft lighting for close-up shots.
8. Use a post-it note to clean your computer’s keyboard by running the sticky side between the keys.
9. Get candle wax out of carpet by placing a brown paper bag over the melted wax and carefully running a low heated iron over it.
10. Use a can opener to open those pesky plastic packages
11. Use a wooden spoon to prevent water from over boiling from a pot.
12. Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 2 hours prior to burning.