Monday, October 3, 2011

Movie Review: 50/50


My wonderful wicked stepmother to be, gets free movie tickets from her work on a regular basis, which she then sends to me (so they don't go to waste of course... And they don't!) In my Birthday card last month she sent me a stack of them and lately I had been to busy to use them, until last Friday! It seems that there are a ton of good movies out there that need to be seen, but one that stuck out the most to me as of late was 50/50. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt from Inception, (500) Days of Summer and 10 Things I hate About You and who doesn't like Seth Rogen from Pineapple Express, Knocked Up and Superbad? All of those movies are in my top 100!

When the previews for 50/50 came out I was intrigued right away, a movie like this had not been done before and while I am aware that I am a little ignorant have no clue on the subject I wanted to give the movie a chance. I knew with the two actors starring in it that it would not be a disappointment, and it wasn't! Here is the Movie Trailer, for those of you who may not have seen it.


Movie Info:
Inspired by a true story, 50/50 is an original story about friendship, love, survival and finding humor in unlikely places. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen star as best friends whose lives are changed by a cancer diagnosis in this new comedy directed by Jonathan Levine from a script by Will Reiser. 50/50 is the story of a guy's transformative and, yes, sometimes funny journey to health - drawing its emotional core from Will Reiser's own experience with cancer and reminding us that friendship and love, no matter what bizarre turns they take, are the greatest healers. 


I have to admit that I knew I would like the movie right away by the music that was chosen and as the first scene opened, Seattle was the setting. Although I'm glad I no longer live there, I will always have a soft spot for my hometown.  

While watching the movie, I laughed, hard and cried, a lot. It was sweet, heart warming, and human. I was nervous about how it was going to end, I won't spoil it for you but I think it ended exactly the way that it should have. I walked out of the theatre feeling tingly and happy that I saw it.


The Facts:
Cancer is a touchy subject, and sadly it is a very scary and widely spreading disease. While cancer affects people of all ages, the risk of developing cancer generally increases with age. In 2007 cancer caused 13% of all human deaths worldwide (7.9 million). And rates are rising as more people live to an old age as mass and lifestyle changes occur in the developing world.  

Photobucket

Information from: Rotten Tomatoes, Wikipedia, and yours truly. Images from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment