Sunday, January 15, 2012

Princess Daisy

I've had a few nicknames in my days; Katie-Bug is what my dad calls me. I was called Barbie in the fifth and sixth grades- not because I looked like her but because my mom had me dressed in fully accessorized matching outfits. Always. I've probably been called bitch a few times, haha! But the nick name that always stuck is Daisy. My mom has called me this since I can remember.

This is the story of how it came to be.

One of my favorite movies when I was little and still is today is The Princess Bride. I think I've even talked about it on this little ol' blog before.





Anywho. When I was about three years old and clearly a DIVA, I told my mom that I wanted to be a princess just like Princess Buttercup in the movie. Wanting to please get me to shut the hell up, she thought it would be cute to call me Princess Buttercup. Because I was smarter than my whole 3 years, this didn't sit well with me. "THERE CAN'T BE TWO PRINCESS BUTTERCUPS!" I wailed. Quickly without missing a beat, (from what I've been told) my mom said, "Well then you can be Princess Daisy!" Eventually Princess was dropped and I was just called Daisy.



My mom is the only person who actually calls me this, but it's special. I can count on every phone call I make to her to be answered with "My beautiful Daisy?" Every card or box sent will have 'Daisy' written on it. And often gifts will be daisy themed.

Daisy:
Daisies are apart of the sunflower family and are a small low-growing European plant, Bellis perennis, having a rosette of leaves and flower heads of yellow central disc and pinkish-white outer ray.




I like daisies because they are simple and sweet and happy. Not to mention pretty darn cute!


Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! I too am in love with that movie but I was all about being princess buttercup, except I didn't think princess was a high enough distinction so... I was Empress Buttercup!

    ReplyDelete