Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Let them eat Cupcakes!

Hola Diary Readers, and good morning! Today I woke up chipper and rested, made myself a mug of hot cocoa and sat down with my little wiener dog to see what the new blog buzz was for the day. Thank goodness I stopped by my favorite baker's blog Katie Cakes because I would not have never known what a special week it is! (Uhem. Aside from being the week of my Birthday....And Mercedes Benz Fashion Week of course.)

Were ya'll aware that this week, September 12-18th is actually National Cupcake Week? As an at home creative baker myself (Betty Crocker is my idol) I feel ashamed I did not know this! This week you should check out your local bakeries for a range of special events and promotions that will be taking place across the nation, alongside a series of special TV programs on one of my favorite channels, The Food Network.

If I wasn't already going to be baking cupcakes on Saturday I'd be making them today! I would not want to be sacrilegious! 

Here are a few fun photos I've been saving in my blog folder for just such an occasion!









YUMMY!


If you would like to find out more information about this fabulous "holiday" week you can check out the official National Cupcake Week website. Happy Baking!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I absolutely love cupcakes. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete