Saturday, September 24, 2011

Peace.

This morning while I was on my way to work, I was listening to my favorite radio station, 98.7 and was appalled to learn about the Westboro Baptist Church, (or the WBC) an independent Baptist church known for its extreme stance against homosexuality and its protest activities, which include picketing at funerals and desecrating the American flag. I am all for freedom of speech, but what this group of idiots does is shocking to me and frankly, down right un-American!

The WBC came to picket the Foo Fighters concert in Kansas City, Missouri last Friday but were surprised when a truck pulled up bearing a float carrying all five of the members of the Foo Fighters dressed in trucker outfits and wigs identical to those the WBC donned in their recent homoerotic "Hot Buns" video. The band played the country parody song heard in the video called "Keep It Clean" while Dave Grohl (My hero) praised America as the "land of the free, and the home of the brave." Of course, being out staged the protestors watched dumbfounded with their crude picket signs in hand.

Here is a video, if you care to see it for yourself.


I have been a huge fan of Dave Grohl since he was drummer for Nirvana, (I can't help it, it's the Seattle in me.) I think that what he and the rest of the Foo Fighters did was awesome. Although I know it won't stop the ridiculous protests, I think it was nice they got a small dose of their own medicine.

Also, on my drive to work I let a car who was trying to get over in my lane in and once over he rolled down his window and flashed me a peace sign. It made me smile. Sometimes I think people need to be reminded that the world is good, even with all the bad. 




So Peace, Diary Readers, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket








News info from: 93.3 WMMR, WBC info from: Wikipedia, Photos from Pinterest and video from youtube.

1 comment:

  1. The WBC is so gross. A local soldier was killed in January and of course they were right there with plans to picket the funeral. Due to permits and whatnot they weren't able to picket but I learned so much about organizations that travel around to protect the grieving families from them. Not sure how true this is but I also heard the WBC were told there were no rooms available at the hotels they tried to stay at.

    ReplyDelete