Friday, August 31, 2012

Whimsy & Magic


Disney has always been a huge part of my life. I watched Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on VHS so often when I was little that the tape actually got those streaky white lines in it. For my 18th Birthday my mom gave me Sleeping Beauty on DVD and I think I cried. Ever since I can remember I have (and still do) wanted to be a Disney Princess. I actually have been a few times for Halloween... I just counted it out now. I've been Belle, Ariel, Princess Jasmine, Wendy Darling and Alice. One year I'd like to be Tinkerbelle.

Anyways. I was doing some blog reading today and came across these awesome photographs of new ads that Disney has made featuring celebrities posing as Disney Characters. They are stunning to say the least. Disney you did it again! Take a look at some of this whimsical eye candy.

Beyonce Knowles, Lyle Lovett and Oliver Platt as Alice in Wonderland.

Zach Efron and Vanessa Hudgens as the Prince and Aurora in Sleeping Beauty.


David Beckham is Prince Stefan in Sleeping Beauty

Russell Brand channels Capitan Hook

Jack Black, Will Ferrell and Jason Segel as the ghosts from The Haunted Mansion.

Alec Baldwin joins Olivia Wilde as the Evil Queen from Snow White.

Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges appear as Beauty and the Beast. 

Queen Latifah as Ursula.

I love this one. This is Julianne Moore playing Ariel while Michael Phelps is the Merman in the foreground.

Giselle Bundchen, Tina Fey and Mikhail Baryshnikov Play Wendy, Tinkerbelle and Peter.

 
Rachel Weisz portrays Snow White.

Orlando Bloom is King Arthur.

Jessica Biel is Pocahontas.

My absolute favorite is Scarlet Johansson as Cinderella.

Annie Leibovitz is the photographer for these beautiful pictures. If you would like to learn more about them or check out some behind the scenes photos in making them, go to THIS website.

Happy Friday Diary Readers, have a fabulous holiday weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OMG too bad you guys already have costumes picked out for this year. How cute would it be if I went as Wendy, you went as Tink, Shane as Peter Pan and Wes as...Captain Hook!!

    ReplyDelete