Saturday, July 23, 2011

Shoulda gone to rehab but she said no, no, no.

Rest in Peace Amy Winehouse.
{Photo from MTV.com}

Amy Winehouse was pronounced dead today in her London flat. A drug overdose took the life of the 27 year old singer. Her death is near to my heart. Not because I feel I can relate to her, but her 'Back to Black' album came out when I was starting a new chapter in my life and moving to the Big Apple (story to come soon I swear.) She was a fan of Betsey Johnson, and was pictured more than once on the red carpet wearing Betsey's designs. Because of this and the fact that Amy's music is amazing, Betsey was a big fan of hers too. Betsey even decided to be Amy for Halloween! 

Betsey and I at her 'Rock Star' themed company Halloween party. Betsey is Amy (before rehab) and I am literally Salt from 'Salt and Peppa'. My other half will show up in another post.

Betsey, giving out the Best Costume awards

Betsey and then Sportswear designer Monica, as Amy before and after rehab.

I loved Amy's music because it was powerful and eclectic. The modern day 60's vibes were a new idea, I thought still think the sound is very cool. Her lyrics were meaningful and real. There's no mistaken that she had a troubled life, and I think that sadly, it is why her music is so good. I definitely think that she drew the path way for stars like Katy Perry and Gaga.

Aside from her music creating fond memories of the year I lived in New York, her song 'You know I'm no good' is featured in two of my favorite TV shows. Mad Men and Secret Diary of a Call Girl.


As a side note, Amy Winehouse is the latest member of the "27 Club." Joining: Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison, who have all died at the young age of 27.

My thoughts go out to her friends and family. You will be very missed Amy Winehouse.

Sources: Mail OnlineCNN. Betsey Johnson Images were taken with my personal camera.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment